Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A think I detect a pattern

Its a pretty simple pattern:

  • Pre-appointment 24 hours - anxiety and lack of productivity
  • Appointment - disappointment, boredom, confusion, in ability to be anything but passive
  • Post-appointment walk to car - boiling blood and rage
  • Post-car collapse in car seat - raging tears and swears and repeated use of the words dumb/stupid
  • Rest of day - emotional puddle of anger, tears, and frustration
  • A few days later - back to 'normal' knowing nothing more, having nothing new to 'do'
  •  and nothing to show for the exhausting ride I just went on.

Until the next appointment.  This is why I stopped getting bloodwork a few years ago, stopped seeing my endo, etc.  I just got sick of losing so much of my life to this pattern without any feeling of progress.

My doctor even forgot to give me the free HRT drugs that she promised during the consult.

I can't believe I paid $180 today to feel this shitty.  

I can't believe I am still blindsided by how bad I feel after the doctor visits.  

Today was a terrible horrible rotten day, and I wish I was in Australia - dancing at the CBD in Melbourne's CBD.  I guess I just go drive around the city I actually live in and find some lights to play in.

1 comment:

Summer said...

What you describe is what I went through, too, with multiple doctors. It got to the point where I didn't want to see a doctor anymore because it seemed to be completely pointless.

But, there ARE doctors out there who will not make you feel this way after an appointment. The problem is sorting through all the discouraging and unhelpful ones until you the one who will be able to help you.