Saturday, February 23, 2008

Juno

My counselor at the fertility clinic told me that I need to carve more time out for me.... she suggested things like a massage, hair cut etc.  I feel a bit more strapped for money than that, so I went for the things that have always brought me comfort in times of depression.  

-  going to movies alone in the middle of the day
- playing with friends and their kids
- long walks on the beach

Well I decided to rule out the last one as my brain plays mean tricks with me when I am alone on the beach now a days.

So I went to see Juno by myself at a lovely cinema that serves drinks and real food.  Followed up with a movie night with my friends and her young children.  She thought I was crazy to 'torture' myself with such a movie, but really it was the best thing ever...

I wanted to lose myself in someone else's reality, but one related to what I am obsessing over.  It made me remember high school. It gave me a chance to cry.  The main character is so young, spunky, and witty.  I just loved the whole thing.  I can't wait to watch it again.  It also rammed home that pregnancy is a source of intense emotions for everyone and that there are so many sides to every story.   Even the most planned, knocked up in the first month pregnancies have heaps of emotions.   No one is guaranteed perfect joy, but sometimes glimmers of joy often pulls through the deep sadness - at least in my case.

No comments: