Sunday, February 17, 2008

my tear jerker today...

My tea this evening got a bit saltier.  I had been joking around with my lovely husband.  Conversation turned to looks.  I was saying how great he had been looking at a recent dress-up evening we had attended.  He laughed about how he really isn't all that good looking (I reserve the right to disagree), and I commented that somedays he looks mighty fine to me, and then without warned a quick one-two punch

Lover of mine, "ah but that is only when you are ovulating." in reference to our long standing joke regarding his theory that I crave him and food and find everything in the world to be lovely and grande at certain times of the month

and I flippantly replied, "well too bad that won't be happening much any more...."

I immediately looked down, surprised at my words, and caught the sight of a single tear plopping itself into my tea.  

No comments: