Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who's on first...

So I have two very close friends, G and T. G and I are like sisters. People mistake us for twins, although we don't look anything a like. She is the person I would have be my children's guardian. She will be an integral part of their lives as I will be with her children. I don't know exactly how as we live on opposite sides of the world, but I know that to be as true as the fact that our kids will breathe oxygen. She was there when I had my ovaries removed and has patiently listened to me as I talked out how I felt about the irregular cycles, hot flashes, and possible infertility that I faced.

T is a friend I met recently. She has recently moved to my city with her two children and amazing husband. In a sense T and G have swapped roles,. Since the move, G now is my email buddy and T is the one I spend lots of time face-to-face chatting with.

Both these incredible women are huge sources of support and let me vent, whine, cry, and question when I need to. Both include me in their kid roles, as aunt and mother respectively, without worry.

And there are a lot of reasons why each might be a possible donor. I try really really hard never to look at my friends as potential donors, but occasional the thought does come up. In this case because every week T says, "well G would give you an egg, right?" which makes me smile because G is always saying “why don't you ask T to be a donor.” It makes me think the both don't want to, which is fine, and that they think highly of each other even if they've only met once.

No comments: