Monday, February 4, 2008

Steps

Today I met with a counselor at the fertility clinic.  As much as I was looking forward a chance to cry in a safe place, it turned out to just be an informational Q&A session.  That is good too, but where I am going to get my cry on tonight?  Certainly not answering my American tax accountants questions about the location of my W-2!  

Perhaps this means its time to go back to the old-school techniques of angst channeling- old school as in, what would I do when I was in high school... you know as in 'back before I got separated from my ovaries," back when I had the coping skills of a possum - it is time to make a mix tape.  

My current project is to come up with a list of songs that flow one into another that mix joy and heartache in a soothing cocktail of angst fueling waterfalls tears that crash down on your arms that hug your soul rocking back and forth.  

Here is the start of my list:
Crane's wife -3 - Decemberists
Rent theme song
Mother and Children Reunion - Paul Simon
The Promise - Tracy Chapman 
In these shoes

Any other suggestions?

No comments: